President Trump is now expected to sign a new travel ban executive order on Wednesday. White House Press Secretary and Communications Director Sean Spicer is reportedly checking staffers' cellphones in search of leakers. Philip Bilden withdrew from consideration as navy secretary. A White House spokesperson said it's likely the president will honor a request for an investigation by the father of the Navy SEAL killed in an operation in Yemen.
- Former Labor Secretary Tom Perez was elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee, and chose his opponent Michigan Rep. Keith Ellison as deputy. President Trump took to Twitter to call the race rigged.
- The FBI interviewed New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio as part of a corruption probe.
- Two men were charged in Newark after police busted a massive cockfighting ring.
- Moonlight won Best Picture at the Academy Awards last night, with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty first mistakenly announcing that La La Land won after apparently receiving the wrong envelope. Host Jimmy Kimmel was upset President Trump didn't livetweet the ceremony.
- Producers of Dancing With the Stars reportedly pursued Hillary Clinton to appear on the show, as a dancing star.