Economists and advocates weigh-in on what Trump's plans to escalate deportations would cost (billions) and the effect they could have on the U.S. economy.
- Chicago Public Schools told principals not to let Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials inside school buildings without a warrant.
- Harris County, Texas, has ended its participation in an ICE program that deputized local authorities to check the immigration status of anyone jailed and hold people for deportation.
- Far-right French candidate Marine Le Pen is gaining ground with female voters. "What she is proposing is really different, just like Trump offered something really new," Cindy Blain, a 27-year-old pharmacist in rural France, told Bloomberg. "Maybe if we see Trump succeed, then voters will give her a chance."
- The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has joined the First and Eleventh Circuits in affirming citizens' First Amendment right to legally film police.
- A bill filed by Texas lawmaker Kirk Watson (D-Austin) would require all colleges and universities in the state to enact an affirmative consent standard for sex.
- Ohio considers allowing an unlimited number of charter schools.
- Women can now get birth control pills without a doctor's prescription in Colorado.