Brickbats

Brickbat: Tell Me About It

pregnant
Alexander Raths / Dreamstime.com

A three-judge panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld a California law that forces religious pregnancy clinics to give women information on how to obtain an abortion. The court ruled that the law does not violate anyone's First Amendment rights.

NEXT: It's No Surprise That Trump Might Not Accept Election Results. He's Never Accepted Democratic Norms.

Editor's Note: We invite comments and request that they be civil and on-topic. We do not moderate or assume any responsibility for comments, which are owned by the readers who post them. Comments do not represent the views of Reason.com or Reason Foundation. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason at any time. Report abuses.

1. there is a right to keep government from preventing your speech, but not from being indoctrinatred.

1. This is why the 9th circuit is one of the most overturned circuits in the nation.

1. Wait until you see the new and improved Supreme Court we’ll be getting before too long. This will change.

1. Unfortunately all too true.

2. Hey, I seem to recall a series of videos–about abortion……wasn’t there another series of videos, about DNC vote fraud and violence?

2. so, got that awkward first post on topic thing out of the way.
    OT: This is a disquss convo:

Joe Blow ? an hour ago
    I was working,so didn’t watch it live. I just did.
    1. If this Donald Trump had been around 3 months ago, he might be winning.
    2. CBCN couldn’t even wait until the handshakes were over before they started twisting the Orange One’s words about accepting the outcome of the election.
    A. Trump isn’t the incumbent; how the hell can he prevent Obama from turning power over to Hillary? If he claims it was rigged, then Hillary doesn’t get sworn in? This isn’t just a strawman, it’s hyperpartisanship by the media.
    B. Al Gore and Florida
    C. Since wikileaks has released evidence of the Democrats actually, for real, engaging in vote fraud, what’s the problem with waiting until the election before you concede that it was won fairly?
    ? Edit? Reply?Share ‘

1. Trumptards for Hillary Joe Blow ? an hour ago
      Stick to listening to Klannity and whining about losing.
      ? Reply?Share ‘
      Joe Blow Trumptards for Hillary ? 41 minutes ago
      Ahh… The Duopolist. The guy who thinks that because I criticize the media’s bias, then, ipso facto, I must be a Trump supporter.
      A pox on both of your houses, Democrats and Republicans! There are over 300 Million people in this country, and the Orange Clown and The Felon are who the two major parties nominate for the most powerful job in the world.
      And Mr. Brilliance here can’t comprehend somebody not being on either craptastical TEAM!!!!!!
      ? Edit? Reply?Share ‘
      Trumptards for Hillary Joe Blow ? 39 minutes ago
      Guess what? You got your George Wallace dystopian candidate and he’s failing spectacularly.
      ? Reply?Share ‘

1. Joe Blow Trumptards for Hillary ? 29 minutes ago
        George Wallace? The Democratic Governor who used the police to keep little black children from attending the much better white schools?
        Have you ever read a history book? Have you ever had an original thought? I just told you that I thought both partys’ candidates sucked, and your response is to call me a racist.
        Is that supposed to be intelligent argument?
        ? Edit? Reply?Share ‘
        Trumptards for Hillary Joe Blow ? 15 minutes ago
        George Wallace supporters didn’t leave the Democratic party. The party left them.
        ? Reply?Share ‘
        ?
        Joe Blow Trumptards for Hillary ? 11 minutes ago
        Of course. And Hitler corrupted what the Nazi party was really all about.
        ? Edit? Reply?Share ‘

1. Hey, quit replying to yourself, that’s really annoying! 🙂

2. Stoopids gonna stoop.

3. Facebook gives you a great opportunity to earn 98652$ at your home.If you are some intelligent you makemany more Dollars.I am also earning many more, my relatives wondered to see how i settle my Life in few days thank GOD to you for this…You can also make cash i never tell alie you should check this I am sure you shocked to see this amazing offer…I’m Loving it!!!!
    ????????> http://www.factoryofincome.com

4. The law also contained findings that religiously affiliated clinics often misled women about their options and even intimidated them into making ill-informed decisions.

How dare they. That’s Hillary’s job.

1. She’s more dangerous that clowns.

1. I talk to Hillary supporters and I want to vote for Trump. I talk to Trump supporters and I want to vote for Gary. I listen to Gary and I want to get high.

1. I was gonna go and vote until I got high
          I was gonna get up and go to vote but then I got high
          My country is still messed up and I know why
          ‘Cause I got high

2. “I talk to Hillary supporters and I want to vote for Trump. I talk to Trump supporters and I want to vote for Gary. I listen to Gary and I want to get high.”

Have you been reading my mind?

3. Cheer up, there’s always Jill Stein or Darrell Castle.

5. I’m sure the law mandating Planned Parenthood point out all the local adoption centers will be passed any time now..

It reminds me of the anti-sodomy laws. It applies equally to gay to people and straight people. The fact that only gay people get prosecuted for violating the law is just a coincidence.

6. Hey, the 1st is about freedom of speech, it doesn’t say anything about the freedom to not speak. So there.

7. It’s not a First Amendment violation. It’s a Penaltalk.

CB

8. Good thing Charles Oliver is here to repost something from a previous Mourning Lynx!

9. Compelling speech is completely different from banning it!

10. Feel how you want about abortion, but can we PLEASE stop shoving it down everyone’s fucking throats and acting like it’s unequivocally a good thing to get an abortion?

I’m all for people making their own decisions and having access to abortion, but it’s still serious as fuck. We need to stop acting like people who think abortion shouldn’t be as easy to access, cheap, and stress-free as getting a haircut are somehow evil

11. until I looked at the paycheck saying $4730 , I did not believe that…my… brother woz like actualy bringing in money part time from there computar. . there friend brother started doing this for less than 7 months and resently paid for the morgage on there home and bought a new Cadillac …….

…….. http://www.jobprofit9.com

12. until I looked at the paycheck saying $4730 , I did not believe that…my… brother woz like actualy bringing in money part time from there computar. . there friend brother started doing this for less than 7 months and resently paid for the morgage on there home and bought a new Cadillac …….

…….. http://www.jobprofit9.com

13. until I looked at the paycheck saying $4730 , I did not believe that…my… brother woz like actualy bringing in money part time from there computar. . there friend brother started doing this for less than 7 months and resently paid for the morgage on there home and bought a new Cadillac …….

…….. http://www.jobprofit9.com