In response to terrorist threats, Sony has canceled the Christmas Day release of the Seth Rogan-James Franco comedy The Interview. According to U.S. officials, North Korea was "centrally involved" in the cyberattack on the company.
- "The historic plan announced by President Obama on Wednesday to normalize relations with Cuba was met with heavy bipartisan resistance on Capitol Hill, raising questions of whether Congress will even consider easing a more than 50-year trade embargo against the communist state—let alone end it."
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is due in court today.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday that the Empire State will impose a total ban on fracking.
- Boko Haram militants have reportedly kidnapped over 100 people from a village in northeastern Nigeria.
- In the wake of the Taliban attack that killed 148 people at a school in Peshawar, Pakistan is rescinding its moratorium on the death penalty for persons convicted of terrorism.