Americans belatedly have a sad over the quality of congressional representation, with a record 51 percent saying they disapprove of the performance of their own federal lawmakers.
- Elon Musk's SpaceX announce its first commercial launchpad will be located in the great state of Texas—after a few checks clear from the Bank of the Taxpayers.
- The Obama administration is considering ways it can bypass Congress to prevent American corporations from relocating overseas to lower their tax bills. Drones?
- A U.S. Army major general was killed at a training facility by a gunman dressed in an Afghan army uniform. More than a dozen others are injured, and the death toll is expected to rise.
- At cease-fire talks in Cairo, Israeli officials are focusing on demilitarizing the Gaza strip. Good luck.
- Vladimir Putin wants to return the favor with economic sanctions against western countries that seek to penalize Russia for meddling in Ukraine. And down the rabbit hole we go.