According to the Internal Revenue Service, over 318,000 active and retired federal workers owe back taxes to the tune of $3.3 billion.
- The V.A. scandal keeps growing. Meanwhile, Senate Democrats moved yesterday to block the VA Management Accountability Act, which had passed the House with broad bipartisan support.
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is facing criticism for his statements on race and the Donald Sterling controversy.
- Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam (R) has signed a bill bringing back the electric chair.
- Israelis and Palestinians are preparing for a visit this weekend from Pope Francis.
- Hedge fund billionaire Tom Steyer will fund a multi-state, $100 million campaign against "science deniers" this year.