Not that there were any doubts about the current White House denizen's love of the power of the office, but President Obama reportedly plans to announce executive orders hiking the minimum wage for federal contract workers, and taking some sort of action on job training and retirement, in an effort to bypass Congress. Memento mori, Barry.
- House Republican leaders say they'll put forward their immigration reform proposals, this week. You probably shouldn't hold your breath awaiting passage.
- Chris Christie just may have found the limits of what even New Jersey voters will tolerate. While he still polls 48 percent approval, that's down 14 points from October.
- The U.S. says it doesn't want to release Guantanamo detainee Abdel Malik al-Rahabi, who has never been prosecuted in his 12 years on ice, because he could rejoin al Qaeda if released. Well…He could do a lot of things…
- Hillary Clinton has the best wishes of 57 Democratic lawmakers if/when she announces a run for the White House. Yay.
- India's Supreme Court won't revisit a ruling that recriminalized homosexuality under a colonial-era law.
- The Pentagon is reviewing very generous pension hikes that have some high-ranking retirees taking in more than they made on the job,