Pets

Owner Believes Dog Was Poisoned at Westminster Show

Died a few days after competing

|

Lynette Blue says she thinks her prized pet was deliberately poisoned while competing at the Westminster Kennel Club show earlier this month, causing it to die several days later.

"The timeline adds up. There's no other scenario we can come up with other than poison," Blue told the Associated Press.

Blue said her dog, a 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz, died on Feb. 16, four days after competing, and that certain symptoms were consistent with dogs who ingest rat or mouse poison. That was the reason she said she decided against a necropsy — an autopsy for animals.