Higher Taxes for Most Americans, Pessimism About 2013, Immigration Rules Slam Agriculture: P.M. Links
Forget about last-minute D.C. deals; your federal taxes are going up because of a sneaky payroll tax hike.
- The New York newspaper that published a map of gun owners has now hired armed guards. No, they probably don't see the irony.
- Polling finds that a majority of Americans pretty much think 2013 will suck.
- Discussions of gun control have dropped off in the national media. Don't worry, politicians won't forget to target some more of your civil liberties.
- Myanmar, known to you and me as "Burma," is targeting rebels with airstrikes.
- Gilberto Valle, the alleged "cannibal cop," wants prosecutors to name the supposed co-conspirators with whom he plotted his banquet.
- A union contract apparently requires a New Jersey town to pay for two police officers' helicopter-flying lessons. No, the lessons have nothing to do with their jobs.
- Tighter immigration rules have apples rotting on trees because farmers can't find enough workers.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
The updated Reason app for Apple and Android now includes Reason 24/7!
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.