- Analysis of the president's proposed $1.6 trillion in tax hikes shows that only $400 billion is intended for deficit reduction. The rest? New spending, of course.
- More journalists than ever were imprisoned in 2012, though probably not as many as government officials would like. Well, we are a mouthy bunch.
- Illinois's ban on any sort of carrying of guns was struck down by a federal court on Second Amendment grounds, Clearly, mayhem will ensue.
- A new type of handcuff has been patented that can shock prisoners and even … [gasp] … inject them with drugs. Thank you, sir. May I have another?
- The family of Jose Padilla, an American seized on U.S. soil and jailed without charges, is asking the Organization of American States to intervene.
- Syria's civil war has generated over 500,000 refugees so far, most taking shelter in neighboring countries.
- Small business optimism is sinking … sinking … sinking …
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.