Having already taken in $9.2 billion from private insurerers and FEMA to pay for Sandy damage, New York City wants the feds to cough up another $9.8 billion. Because taxpayers in Iowa and Arizona should definitely pick up the tab for the city's mess.
- Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi's seizure of vast power in his country apparently has the Obama administration concerned. Watch your step, Morsi, or drones will take out wedding receptions and picnics all over the place.
- The online prediction market Intrade is pulling out of the U.S. because regulators have left it no path for functioning legally.
- The first two prison sentences have been handed down in the Fast and Furious gun-running debacle — and no, they weren't given to Justice Department officials or BATF agents,
- Bradley Manning, the source of a treasure trove of American documents published by WikiLeaks, will speak publicly in court for the first time since his arrest.
- As gun ownership has risen in Virginia, the crime rate has dropped. One wonders if there is a connection.
- California SEIU member Mariam Noujaim spent $18K of her own money to finally gain access to her union's books. She's due to get a peek today.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.