The Obama administration denies it omitted terrorism from its early tales about Benghazi for political reasons. Nope. They blamed the whole thing on some gormless filmmaker to protect sources and avoid prejudicing the investigation.
- Now that he's under an international microscope and not exactly backing the administration's story on Benghazi, David Petraeus has seen fit to hire an attorney. Wise move …
- President Obama took his show on the road to troubled Burma. Crap, Not another drone base, please.
- U.S. Army Sergeant John Russell faces trial and a potential death penalty for the 2009 killing of five fellow servicemen in Baghdad.
- Three American* astronauts hitched a ride from the International Space Station back to Earth through Kazakhstan because, you know, NASA no longer has a manned space-travel capability.
- Reform of the Las Vegas Police Department by the U.S. Department of Justice to make it less civil-rights-violation-y is being held up as a model for law-enforcement agencies. Presumably, not so much the DEA, BATF or FBI. Or IRS Criminal Investigation.
- Fear not, oh Twinkies freaks. The investor who owns Pabst may make a pitch for Hostess. Pabst? That's still around?
* It's friggin' early where I am.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.