With Tropical Storm Isaac verging on hurricane status and heading in for some jambalaya, President Barack Obama has declared a state of emergency in Louisiana.
- Gary Johnson, Libertarian presidential candidate, points out that Republican immigration policy "borders on racist." You may actually be too nice with your description, Gary.
- Word has it that Joe Biden is planning his own presidential run for 2016. Please. No.
- In North Carolina, a prison guard was busted for smuggling marijuana to the inmates, hidden in his pants. What's the problem? It keeps them mellow.
- Greece will offer tax and administrative advantages in "special economic zones" to lure business and investment from overseas. Here's an idea, folks: Try that in your whole, damned country.
- Galway, Ireland plans to erect a statue to famed butcher and thug Che Guevara, so Florida-based philanthropist Elviro Sanchez, a Cuban refugee, is offering to foot the bill for a Lindsay Lohan statue, instead. He points out that Lohan has actual roots in Galway and hasn't killed anybody. Yet.
- The family of Rachel Corrie will not be getting any damages from the Israeli government, the Haifa District Court ruled. She was killed by a military bulldozer while protesting on behalf of Palestinians.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.