Today is the Florida GOP primary. Polls show Mitt Romney in a comfortable lead. Here are five counties to watch. Nearly 600,000 votes have already been cast in the state. In related news, Romney likes Cheetos.
- Political ad spending by outside groups is up 1,600 percent this campaign season versus the 2008 election.
- Thanks to a new deficit treaty, 25 of 27 European leaders agree: They'll try to avoid letting their countries' public finances end up buried in debt. And this time they really mean it.
- Europe's commitment to the new treaty will be tested soon enough: New reports suggest that the euro zone might be on the brink of a recession.
- Occupy D.C. protestors remained in their tents after a noon deadline to remove camping gear from the park yesterday. "We're just having a great party," Occupy DC protester Sara Shaw told CNN.
- President Obama participates in Google chat, offers to help woman's out-of-work husband find a job.
- Things the U.S. government does: Pays contractors to design computer programs intended to train giant rats and puppies to sniff explosives.
- Stem cell experiments are beginning to see small successes.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.
New at Reason.tv: Why geezers are Occupy Wall Street's true enemies: