- annexation of Crimea from Ukraine. Only one member voted against it. Russia's lower house of parliament has voted to approve the
- A New Jersey teen managed to sneak into One World Trade Center, still under construction, and climbed all the way to the top.
- An Arizona reporter claims reporters are providing White House Press Secretary Jay Carney their questions in advance, a charge Carney denies. Given that he rarely seems to be able to answer any of the reporters' questions, it would be hilarious if he were getting them in advance.
- The National Security Agency's deputy director spoke via video to the TED conference in Vancouver, where he perpetuated the agency's position that it has a public relations problem, not a civil liberties crisis.
- South African Olympian Oscar Pistorius is looking to sell his house to pay for his defense in his murder trial.
- Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan is again threatening to "shut down" social media platforms such as Twitter in his country.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Video Game Nation: How gaming is making America freer – and more fun.
- Matt Welch: How the left turned against free speech.
- Nothing Left to Cut? Congress can’t live within their means.
- And much more.