Russia Moves Forward on Annexing Crimea, Teen Sneaks into One World Trade Center, NSA Continues PR Spin: P.M. Links
Russia's lower house of parliament has voted to approve the annexation of Crimea from Ukraine. Only one member voted against it.
- A New Jersey teen managed to sneak into One World Trade Center, still under construction, and climbed all the way to the top.
- An Arizona reporter claims reporters are providing White House Press Secretary Jay Carney their questions in advance, a charge Carney denies. Given that he rarely seems to be able to answer any of the reporters' questions, it would be hilarious if he were getting them in advance.
- The National Security Agency's deputy director spoke via video to the TED conference in Vancouver, where he perpetuated the agency's position that it has a public relations problem, not a civil liberties crisis.
- South African Olympian Oscar Pistorius is looking to sell his house to pay for his defense in his murder trial.
- Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan is again threatening to "shut down" social media platforms such as Twitter in his country.