- Department of Justice is going to use what’s left to go after states implementing policies they don’t approve of, like voter identification requirements. Though the Supreme Court recently threw out one section of the Voting Rights Act as unconstitutional, the
- The U.S. Army is introducing environmentally friendly bullets. Maybe they’ll start composting the bodies of the people they kill, too.
- A majority of Americans see charities and volunteer organizations as the best way to improve society, not the government.
- Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., wants to the United States to formally sanction any country that offers asylum to NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
- The Euro Crisis is over! Spain’s unemployment has dropped for the first time in two years. Yes, it’s down to 26.3 percent. Practically nothing!
- In the wake of the embarrassing incident with the fake Asiana crash pilot names, KTVU-TV has fired at least three producers.
- President Barack Obama says Republicans may not like his ideas, but the journalists he talks to do. Just sharing in the event nobody has called White House reporters lapdogs today.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year’s Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.