- no need for a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS targeting conservative nonprofits. He’s just that angry that he will make certain that those who target his political enemies are appropriately punished. In a rain-drizzled press conference today, President Barack Obama said there’s
- The president also named senior budget aide Daniel I. Werfel as the new acting commissioner for the IRS.
- The White House may have dumped 100 pages of e-mails about the administration’s carefully crafted responses to the Benghazi attack, but Republicans want even more.
- At a Senate hearing today, a Pentagon official said it will take another decade or two to defeat al Qaeda, so our children will be inheriting more than our massive financial debt and unsustainable entitlement programs.
- In the Gaza Strip, with its tightly restricted access, an entrepreneur has created a thriving business smuggling in buckets of KFC.
- A bit lost in yesterday’s lengthy hearings: Attorney General Eric Holder announced some vague support for requiring warrants for the government to access people’s private e-mails. Perhaps an evolution in position, but I would expect enough exceptions to make any laws toothless.
- Marijuana might be useful in fighting diabetes. Somebody tell Michelle Obama.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.