- not as bad as ex-Vice President Dick Cheney. Confronted by Democratic senators unhappy about his administration’s lack of transparency in drone-use policies, President Barack Obama’s reported response is that he’s
- Speaking of transparency, after saying the Associated Press had overstated the number of detained illegal immigrants the Obama Administration has released from jail due to budget constraints, ICE told Congress today the news agency was correct.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee has approved Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s assault weapons ban, though it is likely to be defeated in a full Senate vote.
- Aaron Swartz’s legal team is arguing that the Department of Justice engaged in misconduct like illegal searches and withholding evidence in their efforts to get the open-access activist behind bars.
- In England, an elderly activist has won his fight to force the government to purge surveillance files recording his political activities. The 88-year-old man had no criminal record, yet police had kept note of dozens of demonstrations he attended.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren says that without government regulations, we would all be victims of something or other.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247