- Eight million homes stretching from North Carolina to the Canadian border are without power thanks to Sandy. New Jersey, where Sandy made landfall, is heavily damaged.
- A woman was convicted of disorderly conduct for berating TSA agents patting down her teenage daughter and refusing to endure the humiliating procedure herself.
- France wants to tax Google for linking to its newspapers unless it comes to an agreement with French media companies. Google responded that they’ll stop indexing French news stories.
- Speaking of not caring about what media companies want, fewer Americans are reading newspapers these days, making their endorsements not particularly effective.
- The $250 million stimulus grant given to bankrupt electric car battery manufacturer A123 Systems created all of 400 jobs.
- Sanctions have proven effective in Iran in killing off their orchestra. Take that, Ahmadinejad!
- A guardian is suing New Mexico after a state police officer allegedly Tased a 10-year-old boy for refusing to help clean his patrol car during a career day event at a school. Well, if nothing else, the officer has probably scared a bunch of children away from becoming police officers. Oh, who am I kidding? The other kids probably thought it was cool.
- Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.