- America may start drone strikes in North Africa. If you’re in the area, stay calm and try not to look like a male of age to serve in the military.
- Footage of a captured American journalist in Syria has been uploaded to YouTube. It’s still not clear which side in the nation’s civil war has taken him, though it’s assumed to be pro-government loyalists.
- A judge has postponed implementation of Pennsylvania’s voter ID law until after the November election.
- Millions are pouring into the campaign in Washington State to legalize marijuana.
- France is set to fully subsidize abortion procedures. Currently women are reimbursed 70 to 80 percent.
- Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will not be charged with rape by French officials over incident in Washington, D.C., hotel after the alleged victim recanted her story. Good thing that case didn’t get hyped up by the media or anything.
- Greece’s need for bailouts from its European buddies hasn’t stopped it from spending nearly 100 million Euros (about $130 million) on a Formula One Grand Prix racing track.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.