- The Washington Post's Glenn Kessler details President Obama's "phony accounting" of the Detroit bailout.
- Roughly 46,000 U.S. troops are still in Iraq, and still dying.
- Al Jazeera reports on "a young man's account of sadistic torture in a Syrian secret prison, and how a girl's note helped him through his pain."
- Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has declined to entertain former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.
- The war between Mexico's Gulf Cartel and the Zetas gets even more obscene, with Zetas hanging GC supporters from bridges, and the GC developing "narco-tanks."
- Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tx.) woos food industry workers.
New at Reason.tv: "Jefferson Memorial Dance Dance Revolution"