Government troops have regained control of several buildings, including the airport and state TV headquarters, in the DR Congo capital Kinshasa after an assault by gunmen Monday, officials said.
"We have total control of the situation,” government spokesman Lambert Mende told Reuters, adding that 40 attackers had been killed by security forces.
In the latest wave of violence to hit the troubled African nation, armed men had earlier taken over the country’s state broadcaster RTNC, reportedly taking several reporters hostage.
Source: France 24. Read full article. (link)