The Newtown school massacre victims were all shot multiple times and suffered “devastating” wounds, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner said Saturday.
Dr. Wayne Carver said autopsies on the 20 slain children, all either six or seven years old, had been completed and post-mortems on the six murdered staff members would be done by day’s end. The names of the victims were handed to reporters live at the news conference.
“Everybody’s death was caused by gunshot wounds and obviously the manner of death on all these cases have been classified as homicide,” Carver said.
He said the primary weapon was a rifle.
Source: NBC News. Read full article. (link)