24/7 Newsfeed

Put Reason 24/7 on Your Site

RSS

Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter and via RSS

Gary Johsnon Hoping for Second-Place Finish In D.C.

While Barack Obama and Mitt Romney scurry across swing states, appearing at packed rallies and high-stakes debates, Libertarian Party presidential candidate Gary Johnson stood in a Dupont Circle bar specializing in board games Thursday evening, vying for the unswingiest of America’s electoral votes among a cozy group of small-government true believers.

Johnson, the former Republican governor of New Mexico, holds hope that his message will appeal to District residents put off by both the incumbent president and his GOP challenger. With a fiscally conservative but socially accepting (pro gay marriage, pro marijuana legalization, pro online gambling) message well calibrated for urban sensibilities, Johnson is hoping he can outpoll Romney in a few key D.C. precincts — perhaps even come in second overall.

Source: Washington Post. Read full article. (link)

Editor's Note: We invite comments and request that they be civil and on-topic. We do not moderate or assume any responsibility for comments, which are owned by the readers who post them. Comments do not represent the views of Reason.com or Reason Foundation. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason at any time. Report abuses.

  • Lyle||

    How odd with all the people who feed off the government tit there.

  • ||

    We're talking about Obama raking in 90% and GJ edging out Romney for a plurality of the remaining 10%

advertisement