- Cleveland Cavaliers. This really is the top news story of the afternoon. LeBron James is returning to the
- The White House is asking the House for urgency in considering $3.7 billion to help deal with the border crisis. President Barack Obama is apparently willing to negotiate, which is probably good, as the House's appropriations chair says the number is too high.
- The Obama administration knew in advance that the British government would force The Guardian to destroy hard drives containing information leaked by Edward Snowden.
- Ukraine's president vowed to hunt down a rebel group that used rockets to attack an armored convoy, killing between 19 and 30 troops (different numbers from different reports).
- Strikes continue in Gaza, where the death toll has passed 100.
- The Federal Communications Commission has approved spending $1 billion per year to provide Wi-Fi service in schools and libraries.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Video Game Nation: How gaming is making America freer – and more fun.
- Matt Welch: How the left turned against free speech.
- Nothing Left to Cut? Congress can’t live within their means.
- And much more.