- Pro-Russian activists in eastern Ukraine plan to go ahead with
referendum on Sunday despite Russian President Vladimir Putin
calling for the vote to be postponed.
- The House voted yesterday to hold
Lois Lerner, the former head of the tax-exempt division at the
IRS, in contempt. Lerner has twice invoke the Fifth Amendment at
House Oversight Committee hearings.
Sylvia Mathews Burwell, President Obama's pick to replace
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, will appear
before the first of two Senate confirmation hearings today.
- The White House has praised a bill aimed at
limiting the NSA's ability to collect records of telephone
- American military personnel
will arrive in Nigeria in the coming days to assist in the
search for hundreds of school girls kidnapped by the Islamist group
- An explosion, believed to have been caused by a rebel bomb, has
hotel and several other buildings in the northern Syrian city
Follow Reason and Reason 24/7 on
Twitter, and like us on Facebook. You
can also get the top stories mailed to