- has filed papers to run for California Rep. Henry Waxman’s seat in Congress when he retires, but she hasn’t made a formal decision as yet whether she’ll actually do so. Sandra Fluke
- Democrats in Congress are introducing legislation to enshrine “net neutrality” principles into law.
- Scotland is the latest place to legalize recognition of gay marriage. Meanwhile, a federal judge in Virginia heard a challenge against that state’s ban and promised to rule quickly.
- That terrible Super Bowl turned out to be the most-watched program in television history. At least the halftime show wasn’t embarrassing.
- Vladimir Putin has arrived in Sochi for the Olympics. And so have the first direct threats, which involve two women on Austria’s team receiving a scary letter written in German.
- A new study shows a drop in suicide rates in states in the years after they legalize medical marijuana, particularly among men.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.