- Yesterday, Senate Democrats invoked the so-called nuclear option to prevent Republicans from filibustering most presidential nominations. Perhaps unsurprisingly, President Obama and Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) were against the “nuclear option” before they were for it.
- Officials in the Philippines have raised the Typhoon Haiyan death toll to more than 4,900.
- Religious police in Saudi Arabia have arrested two men for offering free hugs.
- Miley Cyrus’ parents are not worried about her drug use.
- The number of homeless people in the U.S. has declined for the third year in a row.
- A Tennessee county judge has said that drug testing judges would be a waste of taxpayers’ money.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!