A.M. Links: Obama, Reid Were Against Nuclear Option Before They Were For it, Saudi Police Arrest Men For Offering Free Hugs, Miley Cyrus' Parents Not Worried About Her Drug Use
(Official White House Photo by David Lienemann/wikimedia)
- Yesterday, Senate Democrats invoked the so-called nuclear option to prevent Republicans from filibustering most presidential nominations. Perhaps unsurprisingly, President Obama and Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) were against the "nuclear option" before they were for it.
- Officials in the Philippines have raised the Typhoon Haiyan death toll to more than 4,900.
- Religious police in Saudi Arabia have arrested two men for offering free hugs.
- Miley Cyrus' parents are not worried about her drug use.
- The number of homeless people in the U.S. has declined for the third year in a row.
- A Tennessee county judge has said that drug testing judges would be a waste of taxpayers' money.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!