- New York’s highest court is to hear New York City’s appeal against a ruling that prevented Mayor Michael Bloomberg from implementing a ban on the selling of super-sized sodas.
- Police in Norway believe that a Norwegian citizen may have been among the militants who attacked a mall in Nairobi, Kenya last month.
- Saudi Arabia, protesting the lack of intervention in Syria, will not be taking up its seat on the United Nations Security Council.
- A federal air marshal has been arrested for allegedly taking upskirt photos of passengers at Nashville International Airport.
- President Obama has reportedly decided on Jeh Johnson, former Pentagon general counsel, to be the next Homeland Security secretary.
- Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.), Congress’ longest-serving Republican, is “gravely ill.”
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.