- An Al Qaeda leader calls for "small" attacks on the U.S. to bleed it economically.
- Larry Summers is, reportedly, Obama's choice to head the Federal Reserve. Do we smell a whiff of failure, already?
- Syria says it will join the international treaty on chemical weapons, if the U.S. asks nicely and stops its threats.
- Slide Fire, a Texas company, introduces a semiautomatic rifle designed to nearly match the rate of fire of a machine gun. Save your pennies for ammo—and prepare for the outraged screams.
- The TSA promises less-intrusive screenings for passengers judged to be low risk—according to data mysteriously sourced. That's not as reassuring as they think.
- Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn wants the resignation of the head of a commission investigating allegations of police torture in Chicago. He says the panel failed to tell victims' relatives that it was looking at their cases.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.