- United Nations weapons inspectors are visiting the sites of last week’s possible chemical attacks in and around Damascus today. One of the vehicles used by the inspectors was hit by sniper fire.
- Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has announced that the U.S. will sell Indonesia $500 million worth of Apache attack helicopters.
- Porn film production in the U.S. has been halted after an actress tested positive for HIV.
- Der Spiegel is reporting that the NSA has been spying on the United Nations for nearly a year.
- According to Russian newspaper Kommersant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden was stuck in Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport because Havana would not allow let him fly from Russia to Cuba.
- Prosecutors are demanding a severe punishment for Bo Xilai, the former rising star of China’s Communist Party, who could be sentenced to death if convicted on charges of bribery, embezzlement, and abuse of power.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.