- raided several medical marijuana dispensaries in the Puget Sound region of Washington, despite that state legalizing recreational marijuana by initiative last year. The DEA
- The Amash Amendment to the defense authorization act, which sought to limit the NSA’s collection of Americans’ data, failed in the House by a vote of 205-217.
- Both sides present closing arguments in the Bradley Manning trial today.
- 53 percent of voters would repeal Obamacare, according to a Fox News poll.
- A friend of Anthony Weiner’s latest sexting target says the young woman was a committed Democrat who idealized Weiner even after he resigned from Congress in disgrace. The candidate insists he’s not dropping out of the race for mayor of New York City, saying it was “too important to give up.” In his pants.
- House Democrats will hold a hearing on “a conversation on race and justice” to be chaired by Nancy Pelosi in response to the George Zimmerman verdict. Rand Paul, meanwhile, says no one in Congress “has a stronger belief in minority rights” than he does.
- The family rescued by George Zimmerman from an overturned SUV has canceled a press conference and asked for privacy. They’re worried about hate being directed at them for saying anything positive about Zimmerman.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- The 3D printable gun that the government can’t stop
- Bitcoin: More than money
- How poker became a crime
- Interview: George Will’s libertarian evolution