- says budget cuts will see it spending less on its drones, and only $1.03 billion on research and development when they requested nearly $2 billion. The Pentagon
- President Obama announced the BRAIN project, a fedeally-funded effort to map the human brain that will start with a $100 million “investment.”
- Seven out of ten Floridians support medical marijuana, but a bill legalizing it can’t even get a hearing in the legislature.
- Two men in Texas are suing their local sheriff department for allegedly detaining them for 39 days and seizing $14,000 they say they saved up for a new car.
- Senators John McCain and Sheldon Whitehouse are visiting Mali to check out the French-led intervention.
- Tens of thousands of people die in the winter in the United Kingdom, in part because of fuel taxes.
- A poll in the Netherlands shows 55 percent regretting the country joining the euro. Eurozone unemployment, meanwhile, hit a record 12 percent high.
- Samoa Air may start to charge passengers by weight.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!