- under assault from South Korea and the United States, the U.S. government has committed to beefing up missile defenses on the West Coast. In response to North Korea's claim that its sophisticated network of Sinclair 1000 computers has been
- Don't tell anyboody, but consumer prices are going up. But it's not inflation. Because.
- The ACLU won a court victory that brings it one step closer to extracting data on drone use from the CIA. Here's a free bit of info: The U.N. wants American drones out of Pakistan, because they're too ... kill-y.
- The NRA's Wayne LaPierre tore into gun controllers in general and background check proposals in particular.
- New York City police who respond to domestic abuse calls are now under orders to run criminal background checks on accusers as well as the accused. Two victimizations for the price of one!
- That two-year boost in Medicaid compensation for physicians, carefully crafted to be enough to raise costs without actually luring physicians into the doc-short field, is way behind schedule.
- In Ogden, Utah, Michelle Merila called police to report a burglary. When officers arrived, they shot her dog. There is no happy ending.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247