- The Department of Justice has begun efforts to implement President Barack Obama’s executive orders on gun controls. First up is figuring out how to give local law-enforcement officers access to the FBI’s gun sale database.
- Obama and outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be participating in a joint interview with 60 Minutes on Sunday.
- Tina Turner is well on her way to becoming a Swiss citizen. She has actually been living there since 1995.
- More than half of self-identified Republicans said they’d be okay with a government shutdown in order to force spending cuts, according to a recent poll. Sadly, they didn’t separate the poll out for self-identified libertarians, who might have interrupted halfway through the question to say yes.
- France has joined several European nations and Australia in pulling its citizens out of Benghazi over security and terrorism fears.
- For 99 cents, you can read what Stephen King has to say about gun control. (Spoiler: He’s for it.)
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247