- Paul Ryan says the GOP lost the 2012 presidential race because of poor communications and ineffective voter turnout and not because of lousy ideas. If it makes you feel any better, Paul, Mitt and Barry both had some pretty terrible ideas.
- Joe Biden is reportedly very hot and bothered over the idea of making a presidential run in 2016. Oh, joy.
- With Britain poised to assume the presidency of the G-8, Prime Minister David Cameron wants the body to target businesses that arrange their affairs to escape high taxes. Hey, Dave, why not consider lowering taxes to a slightly less extortionate level?
- The NYPD has adopted portable scanning devices to detect whether people are carrying firearms or other metallic objects. No Fourth Amendment concerns there.
- North Korea plans another long-range missile test which, the country's officials specify, is peaceful and also intended to give them the ability to strike the United States. Ummm ...
- New Orleans may actually make it easier to operate a food truck in the city by clearing away a bit of red tape. Not pulling in enough bribes, are we?
- Scientists say domestic dogs may have evolved from wolves who took a liking to human's leftovers and hung around camps to dig through the trash. Evidence from the Tuccille household supports this hypothesis.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247