- If President Obama was hoping to make nice with the gun-control crowd, he may have miscalculated. They say his attentions, coming only after reelection, are long-overdue and they're just not impressed. You should have bought flowers, Barry.
- Republican lawmakers appear poised to sign off on a three-month extension of federal borrowing authority. The feds could run up some hefty charges in that time ...
- When New York lawmakers hustled to "do something now" and quickly reduced the legal capacity of gun magazines to seven rounds and prohibited all firearms from school grounds, they ... umm ... forgot to exempt cops. Hang on a second ... I'm laughing too hard to finish ...
- The Combating Terrorism Center at West Point warns us that “far right” groups have become a violent danger to the public good, what with their advocacy of "civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government."
- Libertarian-leaners brought into the GOP by Ron Paul continue their activism even after the retirement of the congressman. They've made inroads into the party establishments of many states and outright taken over state organizations in Iowa and Nevada.
- Sarasota, Florida, is known, in part, for its creative arts scene, and the police there are no less creative in the means they adopt to ... err ... persuade the homeless to head for the exits. Specifically, says the ACLU, cops go "bum hunting" at night — stalking the homeless and beating them up, after dark.
- Those supposedly anonymous DNA databases? Not so anonymous.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247