- After tense posturing, the House of Representatives passed a fiscal cliff measure devoid of spending cuts and which raises taxes on those making more than $450,000 per year. The Senate had already approved the measure and the president is, of course, expected to sign the horrible thing.
- Observers wasted no time in taking the federal government to task for the non-solution to the excessive-spending problem.
- In a case brought by businessman Tom Monaghan, a federal judge blocked an Obama administration mandate that contraceptives be included in health coverage. The judge said the mandate would "substantially burden his exercise of religion."
- Airbases are the latest targets for Syrian rebels as they expand their campaign against the country's faltering government.
- The minimum wage is set to rise in ten states where officials seem to have a tenuous grasp on economics.
- Crackdowns on the Occupy movement may have been coordinated by the feds, local officials and banks, according to documents obtained through FOIA suits.
- The lethal stampede that caused 61 deaths in the Ivory Coast may have been caused by barriers set up by pickpockets.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.