- Were you planning to vote just so you could get that free cup of coffee that's being handed out to do-ers of civic good deeds? Fugeddaboudit. Giving goodies to voters is illegal. Really.
- A British poll says Obama will win the popular vote by a margin of two percent and take most of the battleground states. No, I don't know why the limeys are running surveys for an American election, either. But Europeans do seem a little emotionally invested in the outcome.
- The last, great hope for reining-in California pension disaster may be urban bankruptcies. That because, in receivership, judges call the shots, and are (comparatively) insulated from political pressures.
- Confiscating every penny from every millionaire in the United States would keep the federal government going ... for three months.
- Greek transportation and media workers are striking again. In further news, nobody noticed.
- A new study finds that teens living at home with lesbian parents do better in school. Huh.
- Check your PayPal account. Anonymous says they swiped a bunch of passwords.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.