- Hurricane Sandy is the largest tropical storm ever recorded in the Atlantic. Hundreds of flights out of Chicago have been cancelled. Atlantic City may have to introduce underwater casinos.
- Not even natural disasters can stop election polls. Mitt Romney holds a slim lead in Florida.
- A judge has ruled that Michigan’s Transit Authority can ban political ads that advertised help for folks wanting to possibly leave the Islamic faith.
- The far-right English Defence League was banned from marching in east London over the weekend.
- Elsewhere, Turkish authorities banned a march by secularists and then fired tear gas and water cannons on them to break them up.
- Britain’s National Health Service has lost at least 1.8 million sensitive records over the course of 12 months. Some records were even being auctioned off on the Internet.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.