- Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the filmmaker behind Innocence of Muslims, remains held without bond. He has a court date scheduled for November 9.
- A CNN poll showed Barack Obama winning last night’s debate 48-40 according to respondents.
- Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey’s ads connecting his Republican opponent to the Tea Party has tightened the polls. Casey’s comfortable lead has vanished.
- Ben Bernanke won't seek a third term as Federal Reserve chair, he apparently told friends.
- The Seattle Police Department is reportedly purchasing two drones for about $150,000. It purchased two for $85,000 in 2010 which it hasn’t used yet.
- An off-duty Milwaukee cop who accidentally shot a woman at a pretzel kiosk pled guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct. The safety on his firearm was not on and it was not holstered.
- The European Union’s popularity in Britain is at an all-time low, the British Foreign Secretary warns European governments.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!