- "Fusion Centers" run by the Department of Homeland Security have been blowing huge amounts of cash while gathering sensitive data on ... well ... everybody, says a Senate report. They also distribute BS scare stories.
- A 2007 video has a pre-presidential Barack Obama claiming that Hurricane Katrina victims received less-than-excellent federal assistance because of racism.
- US Ambassador Christopher Stevens had a friendly relationship with many Benghazi residents. Now, if only he'd had some protection from the lunatics who wanted him dead.
- Chicago's ethics board hasn't found a single case of wrongdoing by aldermen in its existence, even though 20 of them have been convicted of felonies. So weep for the members not, now that Mayor Rahm Emanuel fired them all.
- Many physicians catering to the affluent are fleeing not just government health programs, but even private insurance. They gain the ability to offer care unfettered by red tape and cost controls.
- Press photographers would like to know, pretty please, why the NYPD keeps arresting them.
- Under public pressure and facing a referendum on the issue, the Los Angeles city council rescinded its ban on medical marijuana dispensaries.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.