- Don't expect big tax cuts if I win, Romney tells America, in a clever effort to deter anybody from voting for him. In related news, Obama opens up his lead in Ohio and Florida and is up by six nationally.
- Ninety-six percent of Americans have received assistance from the federal government at some point in their life, say two social scientists. So, dependency must be a good thing, right?
- The head of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago wants even more monetary easing. Because ... the Fed has been too stingy?
- A Brazilian court ordered the arrest of a Google executive after the Internet company refused to take down videos critical of a mayoral candidate. International borders are good.
- Fire bombs. Tear gas. Yes, it's Athens.
- You know that life without parole may be a bit of a harsh penalty for youthful offenders when Newt Gingrich comes out against it.
- Protesters pepper-sprayed during an Occupy protest at UC Davis last fall will each get thirty grand in a settlement with the University of California. Hmmm ...
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.