- The Department of Justice will not be filing charges following the probe of CIA treatment of detainees. Two died while in CIA custody.
- Five LAPD officers are being investigated in the suffocation death of a woman whom they stomped in the genitals when she struggled with them. The incident was captured on a patrol car’s video.
- Celebrities respond to Clint Eastwood’s rather unconventional RNC speech Thursday night.
- Japan’s courts are on Samsung’s side vs. Apple. In fact, it appears the U.S. is the only country siding with Apple so far.
- Those awful, terrible, horrible consequences of the Citizens United decision include Super PACs developing to support and publicize third-party candidates like Gary Johnson. But we were told this verdict was bad for democracy!
- More than 100 Harvard undergrads are being investigated for cheating. It’s the largest misconduct scandal in the school’s history.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.