- President Obama responds to Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech with a photo of himself sitting in the president's chair.
- The Republican National Convention in Tampa has attracted a lot less protesters than expected; there have been only two arrests and the number of police outstripped the number of protesters all week.
- Global food prices are up ten percent in July according to the World Bank.
- Julian Assange could end up spending up to a year or more in the Ecuadorian embassy as Ecuador and Britain fight over extradition.
- Islamic extremists are responsible for a series of attacks in Thailand over the weekend according to authorities.
- Egyptian authorities believe the body of a decapitated man found in the Sinai was put there of Islamic extremists.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign