- Julian Assange may have real worries after all. Australian diplomatic cables reveal high-level belief that the U.S. is out to get the WikiLeaks founder.
- Consumer confidence is up! But so are inflation fears.
- You may not have known this, but neither Obama nor Romney has a plan for controlling the federal government's out-of-control finances.
- State Rep. Derrick Smith was ejected from the Illinois legislature and will have to face trial for accepting bribes. Wait ... they frown on that in Illinois?
- A man searching for his stolen paintball gear found it on eBay. It was for sale by a cop who patrols his neighborhood.
- Virginia's state government is running a surplus! If you don't count unfunded pensions and other stuff the state can't afford.
- South African police insist they used force only in self-defense, after peaceful means failed — and then they killed 34 people. So peaceful means failed a lot.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.