- A judge has tossed out a suit against the FBI over the agency’s spying on an Orange County, Calif., mosque, saying the suit would reveal sensitive state secrets if it were allowed to move forward.
- Take the next off-ramp, America: Three-quarters don’t like the direction the country is going.
- Mitt Romney is not interested in his running mate’s proposed cuts to Medicare.
- The American public is not very interested in Mitt Romney’s running mate, either.
- Former U.S. intelligence and special forces operatives will be targeting President Barack Obama in ads, accusing him of taking credit for Osama bin Laden’s death and blaming him for high-level leaks.
- A security guard was shot in the arm at the Christian conservative Family Research Council’s office in Washington, D.C. The shooter is in custody.
- A judge has upheld Pennsylvania’s new voter ID law. Opponents are expected to file an appeal to the Supreme Court.
- A Pennsylvania woman who gives free lunches to needy children is, of course, being punished by the government for it.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.