- Julian Assange, WikiLeaks founder and international lightning rod for controversy, has been granted asylum in Ecuador. Travel tip: Try the pisco sours.
- Vice President Joe Biden warned Virginia that Republicans would put Americans "back in chains." It's about time the GOP dropped that indentured servitude plank.
- Over 2,000 millionaires collected federal unemployment benefits in 2009, says the Congressional Research Service. But the budget has been cut to the bone.
- "This guy is amazing," is how Clinton White House chief of staff Erskine Bowles once described Paul Ryan. Hmmm ... I wonder if that will come up during the campaign.
- The federal Bureau of Indian Affairs funded a non-existent fish hatchery for 14 years even after visiting the site and not finding it there.
- In what appears to be a delayed bout of finger-pointing, Norwegians are calling on Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg to step down over the handling of Anders Behring Breivik's mass murders.
- A dog shot in the head and pepper-sprayed by the NYPD is still alive. You're losing your touch, guys.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.